Sunday, January 14, 2007

 

Internot

I know, I know. The title of this post is not that clever, but I felt it fit in terms of accuracy. It turns out that the hassles of setting up internet in a new flat abound. The girl who would have been my flatmate, had she not been moving out the day I moved in, told me that the best internet connection to get is Now.com. She said it was the cheapest, and it's what she uses. But I checked the Now website, and they say that Now is not offered in my area at this moment in time (aka there is no Now now). So, fine, I'll swallow my pride and pay the extra pound for AOL internet access. I know AOL is bad, but bad is better than nothing. So as I started to register with AOL, I had to tell then my phone number. So I typed in the number of my mobile. AOL says that its a fake number and I should stop playing practical jokes. So fine, screw you AOL. If Orange is the only company that can supply me with internet, I have no problem dealing with happy white peanuts and their same sex unions (the mascots in Orange ads are creepy). It would cost 20 pounds a month (twice as much as Now), but whatever. I need internet, it is an inelastic resource (if I may use economics terms). But no! AOL had called up Orange and told them about me and my phone number funny business.

I guess what I need to do is go back to the flat and find the land-line phone number. I would call Long, because he's chilling there now, but he doesn't have a cell phone. With any luck, I'll be hooked up to the series of tubes soon. Wait, does that mean the internet uses the London metro to get arround? It's all beginning to come together.

-Tim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?