Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down

It seems my jubalent proclamation in my previous post may have been a bit premature. Skynet has struck back in much the same manner as John McClane, with avengence! My mad hacker skills only bought me a meesly 12 hours on the internet. Though this window was large enough to allow me to download the most recent episodes of "Heroes" and "Boston Legal" (legally), it is still frustrating to have no contact to the outside world from my room.

I would understand, and even welcome the challenge if the malevolent god of internetia was singling me out for a duel of wills. There is a strange honor in a mortal meeting a diety on the field of battle. But it seems Skynet plays dirty. One by one the Americans in my dorm have been losing their internet connections the same way I have. Some one or some thing crashed the Ithaca Webmail server. Also, some force, beyond the capabilities of any mortal man, has knocked out the phone lines in my parents´house. Touche internet.

I suppose this is the reason Peter Parker wears a mask. Well I can play dirty too. If technology see´s fit to resort to attacking innocents, so can I. I saw a brave little toaster walking down the street today, so I kicked it.

Skynet you´ve met your match in me!

-John Doe

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?