Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

The Manliest Queen in the DCU



So it's Halloween, an American holiday. I know this is going to be extremely ethnocentric of me, and don't get me wrong, I really like Spain, but they need to get on this Halloween thing. Clearly no one has told the children that there is a day of the year where they get to stay up past there bedtimes expressly so they can demand candy from strangers. What country wouldn't want to be all up in dat?

So I haven't really made a big ting about dressing up in the past few years. Usually I got as secret identities, which doesnt actually require me looking silly. I've also gotten away with Arthur Dent (which I did extremely well because it required little more than a bathrobe and a towel) and the scariest costume of all: a Republican.

This year I decided to step it up a notch or two and embrace the sillyness. I took my comicbook geektom to the next level and swung the political leanings of my costume the other way. This year I dressed up as Oliver Queen aka the Green Arrow. He is the most outspokenly liberal hero in the DCU, so we are confederates in that respect. Also his costume is easy to mimic without wearing spandex. He does have that goatee though, the facial hair is not for keeps.

I hope you enjoy my sillyness as much as I did. I only wish the Spaniards had heard of costume parties. I'd be up for one tonight if such a thing existed in this topsy turvey country.

-Ollie

Comments:
you look like the guy from the princess bride
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?